seeing through the eyes of scriptures
Jaya Sri Guru Gauranga, Gandarvika Giridhari
Jaya Srila Prabhupada
Want to be free from maya? Then please chant minumum 64 rounds daily as ordered by Lord Gauranga:
Lord Gaurānga is calling, "Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls! How long will you sleep in the lap of the witch called Māyā?
pranams and all glories to your service
jīv jāgo, jīv jāgo, gauracānda bole
kota nidrā jāo māyā-piśācīra kole
bhajibo boliyā ese saḿsāra-bhitare
bhuliyā rohile tumi avidyāra bhare
tomāre loite āmi hoinu avatāra
āmi binā bandhu āra ke āche tomāra
enechi auṣadhi māyā nāśibāro lāgi'
hari-nāma mahā-mantra lao tumi māgi'
bhakativinoda prabhu-caraṇe pariyā
sei hari-nāma-mantra loilo māgiyā
1) Lord Gaurānga is calling, "Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls! How long will you sleep in the lap of the witch called Māyā?
2) You have forgotten the way of devotional service and are lost in the world of birth and death.
3) I have descended just to save you; other than Myself you have no friend in this world.
4) I have brought the medicine that will wipe out the disease of illusion from which you are suffering. Take this mahā-mantra-Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/HareRāma, Hare Rāma Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare."
5) Śrīla Bhaktivinoda Thākura says: "I fall at the Lord's feet, having taken this mahā-mantra."
This Lord Gaurangas humble wish and plea to daily chant 64 rounds minimum, Srila Prabhupada has stated it can be done in 5 hours.
From Prema-vilasa Chapter 17: Shrila Narottama to Shrila Kaviraja on the direct process to achieve love of Krishna:
prabhura achaye sankhya tina laksha nama;
eka laksha bhaktagane kaila kripa dana.
"Lord Gauranga Mahaprabhu standard was to chant 3,00,000 names everyday. But He very mercifully awarded His devotees the process of chanting a minimum of 1,00,000 names of Krishna daily.
shri rupa kaila laksha granthera varnana;
tathapiha karila laksha nama grahana.
"Shrila Rupa Goswami has explained and quoted from over 100,000 different scriptures. Even though he was such a great scholar and devotee he himself chanted 100,000 Holy Names daily.
dasa gosvamira ache laksha pramana;
ei mata sarva bhakta kare harinama.
"Shrila Raghunatha dasa Goswami also rigidly followed the instructions of Lord Gauranga by chanting 100,000 names daily. In this way all the devotees chanted the Holy Names of the Lord daily without exception.
gauranga shrimukhe rupe kahila vaishnave;
laksha nama sankhya kari avasya karibe.
"Lord Gauranga gave the following instructions to all the Vaishnavas Himself and also through Shrila Rupa Goswami: Please compulsorily chant 100,000 names of Krishna daily