seeing through the eyes of scriptures
When to reject the fallen Guru :
if ones spiritual master falls down from devotional service and become an asura he should be rejected in Krsna Bhajanamrta it is clearly stated : Verse 62
The natural behavior of the Vaisnava devotees is to take complete refuge of Lord Sri Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, accepting Him as their principal and real shelter. The very life
of the Vaisnava devotees of the Lord is singing the glories or Lord Sri Krsna, describing and expanding the fame of Lord Sri Krsna, and discussing the nectar of His transcendental pastimes.
The authorized course of action is to continue, as before, with one's prescribed devotional service. One may take guidance through or instructions from the Vaisnavas, as all Vaisnavas are considered
guru or "spiritual master," or one may use one's own intelligence, duly considering the relevant instructions from sadhu, sastra and guru. In all cases one should continue in one's devotional service.
However, if the spiritual master: *acts envious towards 'isvarebrantah', that which is connected with the Supreme; *is bewildered regarding the Supreme Personality ofGodhead;*is averse to expanding the fame of Lord Krsna;*personally refuses to accept hearing or chanting about the glorious pastimes of Lord Sri Krsna;*has become totally bewildered, listening to the false praise of ignorant persons and day by day is more materially contaminated and fallen___then the spiritual master must be renounced.
Under those circumstances one should not doubt, "How can I give up my spiritual master?" With a strong desire for achieving spontaneous devotional service and attaining the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, the
Supreme Personality of Godhead, a devotee accepts the shelter of a spiritual master, if that spiritual master takes on "asuric" qualities or a demoniac mentality then it is one's duty to reject such a demon
"asura" guru and in his place accept a Krsna conscious spiritual master and worship him.
By taking shelter of the strength of the Krsna conscious spiritual master's devotional service the ill effects or contamination of the demoniac previous spiritual master is counteracted and destroyed. These activities are recommended by all Vaisnava authorities as the authorized conclusions of the sastra.
So sloka 66 of Krsna Bhajanamrta ,Srila Narahari Saekara Thakura has clearly stated one should accept a bonafide Guru , thus Srila Prabhupada has advised in Nectar of Instruction one take shelter of an Uttama adhikari Guru , Uttama adhikari Gurus never fall down from Bhakti and do not deviate from pure devotional service ,they will never chant less than 64 rounds daily because this is the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu .Those who maintain ties with a fallen Guru also becomes asat usless, one should not associate with fallen persons Lord Caitanya instructed asat sanga tyaga .Those who engage in immoral activities can not be a sad Guru , those who steal from Vaisnava communities and organizationes such as ISKCON and Gaudiya math, those who live as parasites of ISKCON and Gaudiya maths but render no service and enrich themselves by giving themselves salary , houses and cars ,keeping bankaccounts, Niskincana devotees have no bankaccounts with huge sum of salaries , most have no bankaccounts as they live from hand in mouth and what ever little money they have goes for the service of the Lord .Srila Sanatana and Rupa Goswami gave up all wealth, though they did not take three dandi sannyasa they where more renounced than milliones of socalled Kali yuga sannyasis .In Kali yuga fallen persons are attached to power and position and false prestige and money and none of them can give bhakti.Jesus Christ said a person attached to money can not enter the spiritual world : New Testament : Matthew 19.22 When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth. 23 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”…
Srila Prabhupada wrote in 1961 in his Vyasa puja offering to Srila BhaktiSiddhanta Prabhupada
1. On this day, O my master, I made a cry of grief; I was not able to tolerate the absence of my guru.
2. On this auspicious day I have come with this offering just to worship you, remembering your lotus feet.
3. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s judgement is that renunciation is most important. Not only that, but such knowledge must be delivered to every conditioned being.
4. The beginner in devotional service has no ability to solve this dilemma, but you are a maha-bhagavata, you have given us direction. 4. The beginner in devotional service has no ability to solve this dilemma, but you are a maha-bhagavata, you have given us direction.
5. One bewildered by ignorance, what kind of renunciate can he be? He will only be a “phalgu-vairagi”; renouncing externally.
6. Renunciation is actually the result of real spiritual emotion. Without such feeling it is simply known as show-bottle.
7. But there is another “show-bottle” for the purpose of preaching. That is the Lord’s sannyasa by which the Mayavadis are defeated.
8. Lord Caitanya’s Philosophy is beyond varnasrama; it is Bhagavata dharma, for putting an end to all cheating processes of religion.
9. Performing dry renunciation there can be no real preaching. Therefore “Yukta vairagya” is given the highest essential understanding.
10. “That sannyasa which I have given you” is for preaching in devotion. The faithless sense enjoyers are unable to understand this.
11. Generally the sannyasis renounce everything and go and stay in the mountain caves, but you, O master, keep your sannyasis in mansions of marble.
12. To see a sense enjoyer is just like drinking poison, but you, O my master, go far and near, even abroad, to give them your darsana.
13. Mlecchas and Yavanas are forbidden to enter the Hindu temples, but you my Lord, make them chairmen and sit them in the assembly of devotees.
14. Hindus are not allowed to cross the ocean, but you send your devotees overseas to preach.
15. In the cities of Kali-yuga, the instructions of the bona fide spiritual preceptors are forbidden. Still you remain here in any way possible.
16. The devotees want to hide in a secluded place to perform their bhajan. You, however, do not accept this in your judgement.
17. Whenever there is an increase in population, there in that place preaching is to be found.
18. In London you want a student hostel. You explain that it must be first-class.
19. In the land of barbarians a student hostel for preaching Hari-Katha! Who can understand the significance of these things?
20. To resolve all the apparent contradictory statements is not the play of some incompetent fool.
21. If everyone simply sat down together and considered these things, what nice preaching there could be.
22. What is your order also, that everyone, coming together, should merge in your message and preach it to the world.
23. If everyone just initiates then there will only be a contradictory result. As long as it goes on there will be only failure.
24. Now even, my godbrothers, you return here to the order of our master, and together we engage in his puja.
25. But simply a festival of flowers and fruits does not constitute worship. The one who serves the message of the guru really worships him.
26. The service of the message is the real meaning of the Vedas. Don’t be proud, brothers, come back to this.
27. Kalidas Nag (a learned man who was defeated by Srila Saraswati Thakura and later became his disciple), that master said in public forum one day.
28. That Kali’s mission was to kill the entire world while the essential meaning of Lord Caitanya’s message was kept locked up in a cage.
29. O shame! My dear brothers, aren’t you embarrassed? In the manner of businessmen you increase your disciples.
30. Our master said to preach. Let the neophytes stay in the temples and ring the bells.
31. All these things are not our spiritual master’s preaching methods. These are all the things done by the caste Gosvamis.
32. But just take a look at the terrible situation that has arisen. Everyone has become a sense enjoyer and has given up preaching.
33. In the temples they have also begun to lock the doors. Preach this bhagavata dharma, don’t hesitate.
34. Within this world is another world, Whose sound is the unequaled penetrating force.
35. The preaching that “mullah (Muslim priest) only goes as far as the mosque and no further” should be put to an end today.
36. From the seas, across the earth, penetrate the universal shell, come together and preach this Krishna consciousness.
37. Then our master’s service will be in proper order. Make your promise today. Give up all your politics and diplomacy.
38. Everyone come together on this day and make your valued comment. The five of you get together and decide what should be done.
39. You have become renouncers, brothers, so renounce everything. But if you also renounce the order of the spiritual master, then what kind of renunciation is that?
40. The one who renounces the guru’s order (guru tyagi) and the one who tries to enjoy the assets of his spiritual master (guru-bhogi) are two kinds of useless persons. First become a servant of your spiritual master (guru-sevi) and then you will understand things clearly.
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 10m
Per Nielsen Forth Vasistya
41. If there is only one Supreme Lord, then a true sadhu, if his faith increases, he gives up the desire for profit, distinction and adoration in the material world.
42. Your gold, brother, is the father of sense gratification. This meaningful statement was spoken by Srila Prabhupada himself.
43. Give up your wealth for preaching. Sit down together and make some special judgement.
44. The Supreme Lord says that everything is Mine. Don’t protest. Just unite and preach.
45. Srila Prabhupada gave this final message himself. Take care to follow that completely in all respects.
46. Otherwise your sannyasa will be wasted and useless. O saintly ones, be careful; afterwards you will regret.
47. So what is the difficulty for all of us to come together in this way and why do all these things even have to be said to you?
48. Give up your stubbornness, there is no time. Come all my brothers on this auspicious holy occasion.
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 9m
Per Nielsen Fifth Vasistya
49. When will that day come when there will be a temple established in every house in every corner of the world?
50. When the big court judge will be a Gaudiya Vaisnava with tilak beautifully decorating his forehead.
51. A Vaisnava winning votes will be elected president of the land and preaching will spread everywhere.
52. The demons simply plunder the Lord’s wealth. The hapless populace cry, “Hai Hai” in distress.
53. The demons want so many plans just to cheat the people. They sell wheat flour at 32 rupees a mound.
54. Will opening a factory fill a hungry man’s belly? Being oppressed by starvation they will eat grass and mango pits.
55. Wearing a two pisa string a man is called a brahmin. Wearing a saffron cloth he has become a sannyasi.
56. The householders beg from sannyasis, and why not? The sannyasis have tens of millions of rupees in the bank.
57. As the days pass, the influence of Kali-yuga increases and the poor are crying in distress.
58. Ten thousand cows are killed daily and the nations expert leaders are all eating untouchable foodstuffs.
59. People of muddy intelligence increase day by day. A man and his wife separate on mere word.
60. Everyone has become a witch by the influence of this age. Everyone is unhappy due to the absence of the mercy of the Vaisnavas.
61. The Vaisnavas are famous as “para dukha dukhi.” This fame will increase as the preaching increases.
62. If eternally pure devotional service to Krsna is awakened in everyone, then Kali will flee, screaming of his own accord.
63. “Praninan upakaraya” do work for the benefit of all living beings. This is Mahaprabhu’s teachings. This is the storehouse of happiness in this life and the next.
64. So much work has fallen into your hands, so gather together and do it.
65. Vasudeva Datta said to the Lord, paying his obeisances, save all the living beings in the material world.
66. Give all their sins and suffering to me, who am the lowest of all. In this way all the suffering and miseries of the fallen will end.
67. He was the best of the Vaisnavas, para dukha dukhi. He knows that there is not real happiness in gratifying the senses.
68. And what kind of mercy can the non-Vaisnavas give? They simply make offenses by their Daridra Narayana philosophy.
69. The mercy of the Vaisnavas is scientific and authorized, without their mercy this world is simply insurmountable maya.
70. If there is a kingdom of Visnu and Vaisnavas on the surface of the earth, then the world will be happy–so say the great sages and rishis.
71. Why is everyone crying for Rama-rajya? The only way it can be had is if there is a Visnu centered kingdom.
72. Lord Krsna enthroned King Yudhisthira; then the whole world was rich and fortunate due to the qualities of a Vaisnava.
73. The streams, rivers, trees and fields and mountains, were all full of fruits and flowers. The milk laden cows were floating in abundant milk.
74. The birds, beasts and lower creatures were all non-envious. Material life in the Vaisnava kingdom was regulated and perfect.
75. All immersed in bliss, singing the glories of the Hari. The hearts of Vaisnavas dance in ecstasy to see this.
76. The entire world is filled with the use of material objects, without a trace of devotion to the Lord.
77. Still they are searching after peace. Preach Krsna consciousness; fulfill their desires.
78. Today my brothers, get to this task. Save the battered souls by your preaching.
79. Srila Prabhupada, please be merciful today. This time have compassion. You are not a conditioned soul of this material world.
80. Whatever independence we have, let it be cast to the waters. The lowly Abhay offers this presentation today.
Vrndavana, Radha Damodara.